- Six Lakes is an unincorporated community near the center of the township at 43°25′30″N 85°09′00″W / 43.42500°N 85.15000°W / 43.42500; -85.15000 (Six Lakes) on M-46 where M-66 branches to the north. A settlement named "Sumnerville" laid out by L. C. Sumner in 1873 and located approximately one half mile (1 km) east of Six Lakes was the first village platted in the township. The settlement saw some growth, but when the Chicago, Saginaw and Canada Railroad (which became part of the Pere Marquette Railway and then the Chesapeake and Ohio Railway) was built and a station was established nearer to the Flat River, Sumner subsequently sold his holdings and moved to Edmore. Hiram Clark and Dr. J. B. Daniels purchased 70 acres (280,000 m2) of land around the rail station, then platted "Six Lakes" on May 13, 1876. A post office was established on December 20, 1878. The Six Lakes post office with ZIP code 48886 serves most of Belvidere Township as well as smaller portions of Cato Township to the west, Douglass Township to the south and Millbrook Township to the north in Mecosta County.
- The village of Edmore is to the east in Home Township and the Edmore ZIP code 48829 also serves portions of eastern Belvidere Township.
- The village of Lakeview is to the west in Cato Township and the Lakeview ZIP code 48850 also serves portions of northwest Belvidere Township.
- The city of Stanton is to the south and the Stanton ZIP code 48888 also serves a portion of southern Belvidere Township.